Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I Tweet, You Tweet, We All Tweet...

I'll admit it. I'm addicted to Twitter. Ever since I first heard about it on many a tech podcast, and wondered "why bother?", the Lure of the Temptress got to me, and signed up a few months back. Hell, if you're completely disturbed, you can follow me by clicking on that link on that right pane over there, or perhaps clicking here.

But that's not just the point of this blog post. I'm also here to talk about a couple of apps that have made the Twittering experience a bit more jovial - for those times I've sat outside stealing Wifi from elsewhere to my reliable iPod. Without further adieu...
First off is Twitterific (link to app store). Makes me want to actually tweet something when I'm not in front of my computer. I have many kudos for this app, except the fact that if you like it to not display ads or nag you when you want to change settings, you have to shell out $15. While this is a fine app for what it does, I don't think it's worth that kinda money for just doing what I could have simply done with twitter on the browser. Sure, the addition of letting you add geo tags to your tweets is nice, but then again, there's something that does a better job...
But then along came Twinkle (link to App store). And yes, I really, truly, truly want to love this app. It uses geolocation in a sweet way - to find others near you. It also lets you attach photos stored in your photo library on the phone/pod (or whatever else you decided to snap whilst browsing). And you can't complain about the price (exactly zero dollars, pounds, euro, yen, or whatever currency you currently use.) But alas, this thing is chock-full of bugs! I barely had enough time to snap that screen before the thing crashed on me. I don't know, I really like this app, but it's not all that useful if it keeps crashing on you!

But I will continue to tweet. With my trusty iPod. Even if it means going back to the mobile page.

No comments: