Total Pageviews

Friday, April 17, 2009

My 2½¢ on the Susan Boyle phenomenon

 

By now I’m guessing you’ve probably have seen or heard about the 47 year old Scot that wowed the world with her rendition of I Dreamed a Dream on Britain’s Got Talent last week.  For the three of you that haven’t, you can click here and see it for yourself.

Yes, it was an incredible performance, and judging by her appearances on both the CBS and NBC morning shows singing it a capella, it definently wasn’t lip synced.  But that’s not the point of my rant.  What bugs me is Chairman Jobs, (sick) president for life of the Democratic People’s Republic of Cupertino. 

You’d think a YouTube video with (as of this typing) 22,000,000 hits would be available for those with iPhones or iPod Touches to see via the YouTube app built into them.  Guess what?

IMG_0005

Here’s the Google result for “Susan Boyle” as captured as of… well, you can see the time on the top of the image.  Guess what you get when your stubby fingers tap on the video?

IMG_0006 (2)

Way to go, Chairman Jobs!  You’d think by now you could just maybe, just maybe allow Adobe to do what they said they can do since Day One since the release of your beautiful device and let them put Flash on it? Hmm? Please? Pretty please?

Okay, enough of my rants.  It’s a gorgeous day outside here in the Big Smoke (still 21 degrees and sunny according to my weather gadget sitting in the top-right of my Windoze desktop.)  Time to enjoy my weekend.  Hope you do, too.

No comments: