Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 6, 2006

Vive la France! (Errr, what?)

I never thought the day would come when I would say that, but it sure made things quieter around here the other day when the Frenchies beat Portugal. Now it's only ½ as horny in this two-bit town. Methinks my skull would have exploded if I had to deal with both the Portos and the Ginos honking non-stop along this neighbourhood. Now let's hope the Frenchies made a better bribe than the Italians to FIFA -- and make Sunday afternoon sort-of peaceful. %].

Now, for those of you who don't know me (about 6.2 billion, me reckons) - I've really no interest for soccer (or futbol as most of you Europeans will immediately and smugly correct me). The idea of watching 22 men running around on a field, kicking a ball around in the haplesss quest of actually getting said ball near the opposing net makes me yearn for something more exciting to watch -- like watching grass grow. But I will have to give most "elite" soccer players credit: their acting skills are top-notch! Who woulda thunk that a mere rub on a player would make him cripple down like he's been shot in the head, grimmacing madly up at the sky while he's lying on the ground? I'm guessing for 2010, FIFA should abstain from running this fiasco, and hand the duties over to the Academy (of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences). Toss the World Cup trophy and give the best diver an Oscar™ for his performance.

Here's hoping for a peaceful Sunday afternoon. Least there aren't too many Frenchies in this two-bit town of mine...

No comments: